A special emergency general meeting of NPF at Chumukedima, Dimapur on Monday and adopted six-point resolution during which senior state politician was elected NPF president. The meeting was attended by 430 members, which included 23 MLAs, 2 MPs, 8 NPF Division presidents and office bearers, 39 Assembly constituency unit presidents, central office bearers and office bearers of fronts wings, including youth and women wing.
The meeting unanimously passed the following resolutions as per the provisions and laid down rules of the NPF constitution:
1. The House resolved that all suspension orders issued in respect of the nine MLAs namely Kaito Aye, Shetoyi, Zaleo Rio, Pukhayi, Tovihoto, Kuzholuzo Neinu, Pohwang, Imkong Imchen and Noke by Dr. Shurhozelie beyond his powers are hereby disapproved and decided to be withdrawn and revoked. Consequently all the show cause notices issued in respect of the above NPF MLAs are also hereby withdrawn and revoked.
2. The House unanimously resolved to hereby remove Dr. Shurhozelie from the post of president of the NPF party and his membership of the party shall be kept under suspension till further orders.
3. The House unanimously elected Noke Wangnao, the senior most party man and the senior most legislator as the President of the party to lead the party in restoring and upholding its glory for the greater interest of the Naga people. The meeting also endorses the election of new office bearers of the NPF.
4. The House ratified all decisions taken by the NPF legislature Party on January 5, electing G. Kaito Aye as its leader and also to be appointed as the Chief Minister of Nagaland replacing the incumbent TR Zeliang for the betterment of the State by building a new positive partnership with the NDA Government in Delhi and strengthen the ongoing peace process to bring an early solution that is honorable and acceptable to the people.
5. The meeting also nominated the Disciplinary Action Committee (DAC) which has been constituted with immediate effect. (List enclosed)
6. The meeting also urged upon the Honorable Governor to immediately dismiss the minority government under Shri. T.R. Zeliang and install a popular government under the leadership of the majority leader Shri Kaito Aye.
Noke Konyak, president, NPF Central, in a release said these decisions were taken because of the unconstitutional, autocratic and dictatorial actions of the ousted NPF president Dr. Shurhozelie who has massacred the party by dividing the party and not accepting the majority view of the party. He has also rejected the decision of the overwhelming majority of the NPF legislators who have unanimously elected Kaito Aye as the leader of the NPF Legislature Party, Noke said. (EMN)
Newly elected office bearers
W. Akum Yimchunger